Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

For a Special Mom

Today I thought I'd share a little bit
about how I made my card for the

First I stamped both F121 Springy Molly and C346 A Special Mom Sentiment in black ink on white card stock.   I colored Miss Molly with markers before die cutting the image, which was then adhered to red card stock.  The corners of the red cs were decorated with a corner punch.
For a Special Mom was fussy cut and adhered to a die cut.
For the card base I used a piece of 4.25" x 8.25" white card stock, scored at 5.5"; plus an additional piece of 4.45" x 1.25" white card stock for the bottom strip.
The front pieces were first covered with red card stock and then patterned paper and the bottom corners of the top flap were rounded.  The inside of the card was also covered with patterned paper since it shows through when the card is folded.  
To assemble the card I first placed the front strip on top of the bottom of the inside of the card.  I placed a strip of adhesive across the bottom of the back of image piece and positioned it onto the bottom strip.  Then I folded the top section of the card down and glued the top of the image to it.  When I added the inside sentiments, I made sure the little heart would show and positioned the Happy Mother's Day high enough on the card so that it was completely covered when the card was closed. 
The inside sentiments and heart were cut on my cricut.
For embellishment I added the 3 little hearts and wrapped some bakers twine around the bottom strip.
 
********
 Have you entered this month's 
Great Impressions Stamps Challenge, yet?
You have until the end of May to enter.
Thanks for stopping by today. 


No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...