Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Friday, March 15, 2013

Masculine Stars


Happy Friday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Great Impressions Stamps Blog. Another week-end is almost upon us. Hope you have some fun plans.

We are expecting snow here and if it warms up on Sunday it will turn to rain. It's only 5 more days until spring. I am ready to let go of our winter weather and welcome somewhat warmer days. How about you??

I decided to make my card today a masculine one and this sentiment stamp from Great Impressions Stamps is a good one for this type of card.  The stamp is "catch a falling star E482".  As soon as I saw this stamp I had a card of this type in mind.

I used kraft patterned paper on my first layer and embossed it with my Cuttlebug stars embossing folder. On the next layer I re-purposed some corrugated paper that came in a package. You could also pull out your paper crimper for the same effect.

Stamped my sentiment on kraft card stock and added a black panel underneath. I used a Martha Stewart edge punch that has a more masculine feel to it.

To complete the card, I punched some stars and added some licorice bakers twine. Well that's it for me today. See you next Friday.

Mary Marsh


3 comments :

Jenny said...

Oh my stars! Love the crimped look and your card design is fabulous Mary!

Patti J said...

Mary, this is delightful! What a great card for that special man! Would make a wonderful card for anyone :) Thanks for sharing :)

Joan V said...

Oh Mary, this is just so creative. I love it. I love that corrugated paper, it just adds such a great dimension to the card. Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...